Home Contents Insurance

Why do I need home contents insurance?

If you are a tenant who rents, you may wish to consider taking out home contents insurance.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there is always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Cottsway Housing has teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Allianz Insurance plc which provide the ‘My Home Contents Insurance Scheme’ – a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy backed by the National Housing Federation.

This scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

How do I get further information?

•             Ask your local housing officer for an application pack.

•             Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288

Alternatively, please visit the thistlemyhome website for more information, or to request a call back.

The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.